These images are from the original Allan Bean Centre – Our current temporary Library space differs from this.
Allan Bean Centre Library
The Allan Bean Centre (ABC) Library is currently located in the Burwood Spinal Unit lounge following the closure of the Allan Bean Centre in July 2014 due to earthquake damage.
We anticipate the temporary library facility will be in the Burwood Spinal Unit lounge for some time until the new Allan Bean Centre is completed in 2016.
The ABC Library is a one-stop shop for all your information needs. We have a unique comprehensive collection on disability and rehabilitation including spinal cord injury, brain injury as well as other topics. We also have our own range of publications and multimedia which you can access through our Shop page.
Library hours are Monday to Friday: 1.00- 4.30pm.
Available are laptops, free Wifi, printer, books, including magazines/journals, DVDs, talking books, etc.
For free membership to the Allan Bean Centre library and receive a monthly new book list please complete this form
For further information please contact Bernadette Cassidy
ph: 383 9484/ 99484 or
Here you can search the catalogue at the ABC Library.
- ABC Library – Search the catalogue
- ABC E-Journals – The ABC Library has a small collection of online journals available to library users.
- Cochrane Library – A resource of high-quality independent information for making health decisions
- New books in the ABC Library
- Free Computer Classes
- Online Magazines
- Useful Links & Resources – There is a considerable array of valuable resource here covering a broad spectrum of topics