Programmes and services
The Resource Centre is a service of the NZ Spinal Trust based at Burwood Hospital in Christchurch we provide resources and programmes for people with spinal cord impairment. We empower people with spinal cord impairments and their whānau to embrace positive futures by providing support and information services across New Zealand to help people overcome challenges, create strong networks, and pursue opportunities following their spinal impairment.
We have a unique collection on disability and rehabilitation, including spinal cord impairment, brain injury as well as other topics. We also have our own range of publications which you can access through our Shop page.
Library hours are Monday to Thursday: 10.30 am – 4.30 pm. Fridays: 1.00 pm – 4.30 pm
Available are laptops, tablets, computer training, free Wifi, printer, books, magazines/journals, DVDs, etc.
The Resource Centre has a good partnership with Christchurch City Libraries – check out their website Digital Library
For more information email email@example.com or Ph: (03) 383 9484 or 0226006630
Useful websites, check out the links below for more SCI related content
- Spinal Injuries Association (UK)
- Spinal Cord Injuries Australia
- Spinal Cord Injury Ontario
- Living with SCI Canada
For issues relating to disabilities: articles, information, humour, news and views from the disabled community.
- New Mobility
- Sportsnspokes magazine
Travel and accommodation
- Travelling with a medical condition – some good advice here
- The ultimate travel insurance and disabilities guide – some more advice here
- More great travel advice – Airports and special needs travel: a complete guide
- Options within New Zealand – visit New Zealand Tourism
For further information please contact Bernadette Cassidy
ph: (03) 383 9484